U2 Conference Week Is Here
U2 Fans Gather in Durham for First U2 Academic Conference
September 28, 2009
How does this sound to you?
- A three-day weekend spent with fellow U2 fans talking and learning about the band
- Panels and presentations about U2's music, lyrics, live shows and tours, humanitarian work, and much, much more
- The chance to listen to and meet Anthony DeCurtis of Rolling Stone and Neil McCormick of The Telegraph (who practically grew up with U2 at Mt. Temple Comprehensive)
- A special screening of It Might Get Loud, the guitar documentary featuring Edge, Jimmy Page, and Jack White
- A special screening of The Heart of America Tour documentary -- which has only been seen once before in the U.S. -- featuring Bono, Agnes Nyamayarwo, and others as they toured the American midwest in late 2002, plus a Q&A with Agnes and director Dominic DeJoseph after the film
- A special screening of U2 3D followed immediately by a conversation in the theater with Neil McCormick
That's the lineup for next weekend's U2 academic conference, The Hype and The Feedback, which is happening in Durham, NC, with some events in Raleigh, too. Oh, and if you have concert tickets, there's also a little U2 360 gig on Saturday night to help make the weekend complete.
If this all sounds like your idea of heaven, it's not too late to be part of the fun! There's a full conference pass for all three days, and there are also single-day passes if you can't be there for the whole thing. You can buy tickets just for Friday night's reception/movie, or for either day of the conference sessions. Here are some links that will help:
Last-minute Registration - you can still register online, but it'll probably close in a day or two; if the online form is closed, you should be able to register at the conference if space is available
Full Conference Schedule - (hint: I'm speaking first on Sunday morning if you want to hear about the Internet's impact on U2 and U2 fans!)
Lodging - information about where to stay if you're coming in from out of town
Transportation - if you need help getting around
Conference Blog - for all the latest updates
@U2 Sunday Night at the Movies - even if you can't attend the conference, you're still welcome at our Sunday night event featuring U2 3D, a conversation with Neil McCormick, and food/drinks at the nearby Irish pub, Tir Na Nog; use this link to buy your advance U2 3D tickets online and/or to reserve a spot on our shuttle from the main conference hotel to the event
We can't wait to see you next weekend!
More U2 News