Achtoon Baby cartoons

Achtoon Baby

New U2 album

New U2 Album Info

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour Dates

U2 E+I Tour 2018

"It's the most un-rock 'n' roll thing you could do, so I never ever talked about it, but that was actually my obsession before rock-and-roll."

-- Bono, on playing chess

@U2 home page

Confirmed: That Was a U2 Video Shoot in Dublin Last Weekend

@U2, August 30, 2014
By: Matt McGee

 

Dublin video shoot (possibly U2)

Dublin officials have finally come clean about the video shoot last weekend that shut down the Samuel Beckett Bridge: It was a U2 production.

The Sunday Times has this confirmation from the Dublin City Council about what was going on:

Dublin city council has confirmed that the Samuel Beckett bridge was closed to the public last weekend for a U2 video shoot.

A senior official at the council said the bridge was inaccessible for almost all of last Sunday to enable filming on a “U2 project” but members of the rock group were not present.

You may recall the confusion that played out as some security personnel revealed that the video shoot was for U2, while others said it wasn't. Clapper boards on site listed the project name as "Summer Nights," and Mark Romanek's name was listed as director. He's worked with U2 in the past, most recently on the "Invisible" video earlier this year.

More U2 News

Facebook icon Twitter icon YouTube icon Instagram icon Flickr icon Apple icon Android icon
@U2 Tours
@U2 Calendar

November 19 2017

05:00 PM - 08:00 PM - American Music Awards

U2 are Nominated

November 24 2017

"The Blackout" Vinyl Available

Record Store Day Exclusive

Full Calendar