Been to The Joshua Tree? We want to hear from you.
January 15, 2017
With excitement building for the upcoming 30th anniversary tour, we think it may be fun to share stories from readers who have made the pilgrimage to the site of the original Joshua Tree. Members of our @U2 staff made the journey together in 2009 and considered it a sacred experience.
If you’ve been there, and would like your story to be considered for publication, here are the guidelines for entry:
- The story has to center on your visit to the Joshua tree that was used in the famous U2 photo shoot. Not a Joshua tree, The Joshua Tree.
- With your story, submit your first and last name. We won’t accept anonymous entries or entries only with Twitter handles (though if your piece is chosen, we’re happy to link to your handle if you include it as well).
- Share your own experiences, not your friend's or something you’ve read about. Essays should be written in first-person voice or if you submit a video, it should be you (or your artwork) representing your own memories. Also, a lot of people might see your work if we post it on @U2, so please keep that in mind if you're sharing personal information.
- All written submissions are subject to our editing process, which may include modifications for spelling, grammar and/or length.
- All videos must be high-quality; we cannot accept videos with music that violates copyright laws or has inappropriate language, images, etc.
- Since we don't know how many responses we'll get, we can't promise to publish them all. You can improve your chances by being personal and brief (250 words or less is best for written work; videos should be a maximum of 2 minutes long).
- High-resolution photos are encouraged to accompany any written entries.
- Preferred file formats: For written works, RTF or Word documents; for videos, mp4.
- With your submission, please send your currenty city/state or province/country
Ready to share? Send your entries to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
More U2 News